We take privacy very seriously here at Found My Spot. First of all, we highly recommend you use VPN to hide your identity while surfing the internet and minimizing the chance of your identiy being stolen. One way of tracking you is of course through cookies. While we...
Want to contribute an article to FoundMySpot?
First of all, thank you for visiting Found My Spot. It would be fantastic to work with you on publishing your story on how you found your spot in the world. We know the stories that are sent to us are very personal and we try and take as much care as we can when publishing them.
We are always looking for new content and in fact, that is the whole purpose of this website; getting people to share their personal stories about how they found their spot, be it a place to live, profession, their calling and so on. We do also accept how to’s, list articles and so on that fit the narrative, see for example this article.
Now, if this sounds good to you and you would like to share your story with us, then let us share a few more reasons why contributing to Found My Spot is a good idea:
- First and foremost, you will be inspiring people with your beautiful story.
- We intend on sharing in ad revenue at one point.
- You get to advertise you and your website if you have a website and/or social media.
- If Found My Spot would ever publish a book and/or e-book of the stories, you will share in the revenue generated by the sale of the book/ebook sale, provided that your story is published in the book of course.
- Articles are promoted on Found My Spot social media platforms like , Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Tumbler and so on.
- As Found My Spot grows, so does your article and the exposure it gets, resulting possible in higher ad revenue (provided it´s being shared at that point), creating better backlinks to your website and/or social media and so on.
How can you become a Found My Spot contributor?
To become a contributor at Found My Spot, here are some tips that will help you to get your article accepted and published:
- Head over to the homepage and check out the first few posts to understand what kind of articles are published here and what kind of articles users engage with the most.
- Register an account and fill in all the fields (especially the bio and image field) and request to be validated
- Write content that is solely focused on quality and adding value for readers.
- You have to be a blogger or a genuine reader who has found your spot in life, or have a good idea for an article that fits the narrative like a to do articles, list articles and so on, and have a genuine idea on how to convey your story/article to us.
- Here are a few of the categories/topics that we accept articles from. Note; you can write about all of these, you don´t need to stick with one topic per article and/or you can write multiple articles.
- Found My Spot/This is my spot
- Searching for my spot
- You found your spot, but what next?
- Finding a way to live in my spot/paradise
- Inspirational words on how to find your spot
- Social life in my favorite spot
- How I found my spot
- My first spot I felt at home (bit nostalgic)
- “How-to’s” and listified articles.
Your spot does not have to be just about your home and/or country, it can be about your life in general, work, friends, family, your calling and so on. Your spot can be anything that fits the narrative of Found My Spot so, if you have another category that you would like to add, then please include it, if you are not sure, then simply write the article and we´ll fill in the rest.
A few things to remember before submitting your guest post:
Best SEO practices
Please be sure to keep to best SEO practices, it helps people find articles on Found My Spot and it helps you get noticed, which in turn helps you earn more in ad revenue. Be sure to read our small guide on SEO Best Practices While Guest Posting
Get in touch to finalize the topic or send us the outline of your content, either through the form her above or via email contact[at]foundmyspot.com.
- Article Quality: Articles should be 750+ words. Choose headings and subheadings that describe the content. The article should cover the topic in detail. Incomplete details are like half-cooked food; no one loves incomplete articles. We take quality as one of the major considerations in accepting guest posts. To ensure your article gets published, please don´t write fiction! If you write fiction your story will not be published and/or deleted. Be true and genuine and the rest will follow.
- Don´t be afraid of few grammatical errors, they can be corrected. If you have a problem with dyslexia or other problems that hinder you from writing, we can help. Simply write what you want to say and send, we will be in contact and help you with the rest.
- Credit: Found My Spot respects individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit. The same goes for images that you use on your post. Please give credit where credit is due.
- Images and maps: Please include a image that can be used as an featured image for the post (high quality 1920×1080 at least) and it would be very good if you could add additional images to be used through out the post (at least high quality 700*475). If you want to use maps, please use Google maps and share it to us as an iframe either via the form above or via email (here are some documentation on how to do that).
- Screenshot + Video: Images speak a thousand words. Add images to convey your story, but don’t add them just for the sake of it. If you are a video blogger, you can submit your video to FoundMySpot Youtube channel. Just create a video, fill out the form above in the Youtube tab or drop us an email contact[at]foundmyspot.com.
- Self-promotion: We allow genuine contribution. Spin or promotional content is not allowed. We do allow 1 Dofollow link (set in your account and appears on your Author bio in the article) to your website and link to social media accounts (again, set in the account). We do not allow a link to 3rd party websites/social media account. Outgoing links in article should be relevant to content and it should not be focusing to sell products or services or affiliate links otherwise it would be considered as promotional article. You will get a chance to build a brand for yourself by contributing a post to Found My Spot if that is your goal, otherwise, we simply hope you are sharing this for others to enjoy. If you simply want to advertise, we do sell ads on the website, please email us at contact[at]foundmyspot.com for further information.
- Copyright: We respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from Found My Spot. If you were accepted into the ad revenue share program, all outstanding ad revenues will be canceled, and you might be required to refund the ad revenues you´ve received if any. Also, by submitting a post to FoundMySpot, you give us copyright ownership of the post. This helps us to deal with any copyright law related issues as they vary greatly between countries, please refer to the TOS for further information.
- Comment: Comments are the conversations about your published article. Answer any queries related to your article via the comments. This will give you more exposure and help out your readers.
Sharing Video For The Found My Spot Youtube Channel
If you are more comfortable infront of a camera or creating videos you would like to share to our channel, then we would be thrilled to upload a video from you.
Submitting a video;
- The video must be shot in at least 1080p, the higher, the better.
- Please do not film it in portrait, always in landscape.
- If you provide music for the video, please make sure it fits what is happening in the video and that you have the copyright to it (are allowed to use it in a Youtube video). Please provide the name of the songs and if they need to be credited in the description.
- The video must not contain any links, texts and so on. All texts will be inserted in the video description. You will be allowed to link to your website, social media and so on.
- It goes of course without saying, no nudity, sexual material, violence, cursing and/or illegal actividites, be respectful of others. Lets keep it clean.
- If you plan on narrating the video, please script the narritive and send it via email – contact[at]foundmyspot.com.
- If you must talk about religeon and/or politics, please keep it neutral, to the point and as minimal as possible. Political, ideoligical and/or religeous propaganda is forbidden.
- If the video does well and gets monetized, you will be compensated 30% of the first year income, so it is important that you provide us with an email we can contact you if at any point we get monetized.
Please fill out the form below. If you are not sure how to link to your cloud storage, you can also share the video through https://wetransfer.com/, please send the email to – contact[at]foundmyspot.com
Ad revenue sharing
Though Found My Spot is only just beginning, Found My Spot is growing and to make it grow faster, we intend to connect all of my contributors into the ad revenue stream. How much each author will get, is yet to be decided but it will be more than fair. We cannot though promise that it will be allot if at all anything, it all depends on how much visits the article gets, how many articles have been published by you and how many of those visitors click through on the ads on those articles. You, as an author, will though get a link (once the ad revenue share starts) which you can share on your social media and/or where ever you like which will help you divert more visitors to your article and hopefully help you earn some ad revenue.
As stated here above, this program has not yet started. Authors will be alerted as soon as it starts. please note, though there might start to show ads on the website, it can take time until there is any kind of revenue stream, when that ad revenues start to tick in, you as an author, will be alerted as soon as possible.
Tools that might help
Guides you might like
A Scottish ghost called the Gruagach used to enter homes at night and perform all chores and farming tasks. The owners were expected to leave ritualistic offerings that included cream, porridge, and a small cake for the creature. That's no different from guest...